Sunday, July 22, 2012

British Open Results

Wow, epic choke.  Adam Van de Velde had a 4 shot lead with 4 to play and ended up playing the last 4 holes four over.  What a clutch put by Ernie to essentially win the championship.  The last 45 minutes of this tournament proves that sports is the best reality TV period.  Gotta feel for Scott but I think pretty boy will survive.
 
I was expecting to give out the $1.4 million only to 12 Scott backers, including myself.  But instead, 28 people are $1.4M richer for picking the Big Easy.  3 of those 28 are currently ranked in the top 10.  Sheesh.
 
The winner this week was Mr. Edward Johnson with total earnings of $1,965,145 (Els, Woods, Harrington). Please contact me with your mailing address so I can send you your $200 check.  Congrats.
 
Edward was in 4th place heading into this tournament and now holds the overall lead over Stephen Shapiro who was able to stay in 2nd.  Although I envy your position at the top, I'm glad I don't have the pressure to hold the top spot for our grand prize of $2,200.
 
At the bottom of the leaderboard, Chesney Coker and Lee Simmons currently are in the running for the two exemption spots for next year.
 
Please double-check your earnings totals to make sure they are correct:
 
The PGA Championship is our final event and will begin August 9th.  For those in the running for the top 9 spots, I would suggest you do your homework and start thinking about your players.
 
Contact me if you see any discrepancies with the final results.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment